Jeremy and I finally visited with the oncologist yesterday and are VERY pleased to share with you the following results between January and today (6/8):
- A “significant decrease” in one of the lung tumors from 1.4 cm to 0.9 cm
- Improvement in the multiple densities in the right lung (these were previously defined as small tumors)
- Healing in the lumbar and spine where there was diffuse cancer growth
- All other organs are stable and there is NO new growth
- My CA 27-29 blood marker is BELOW the threshold of 37!
Bottom line — this is really impressive progress in a short period of time! The oncologist was VERY positive and felt the Carboplatin was instrumental in giving me a leg up in the healing. So, it is a relief that even as the number one YUCK factor, the Carboplatin really did its thing. Thank you, Caroboplatin!
The next steps will be the continue with the existing Taxol and Heceptin. The way forward seems very positive since the results have been so good. MANY thanks to all of you who have been such a support. I could not have gotten through the yuck factors, not to mention so many other things, that have made this recovery so tough. Thank you!!
More soon! XXOO, C